To preserve and enhance the
downtown area as the heart of
East Point, communicating a sense
of place, community pride and
heritage, while providing for
a successful business and
Business Owner Resources
If your business is within the City of East Point’s Architectural Overlay District (“Downtown District”), then you are in the East Point Main Street Association’s focus area! See map here (PDF).
The East Point Main Street Association is a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization whose mission is to “To preserve and enhance the downtown area as the heart of East Point, communicating a sense of place, community pride and heritage, while providing for a successful business and residential environment.”Find out more about the board.
Your location within this “Downtown District” opens up many opportunities for your business. Below are just a few of the benefits of locating your business within the “Downtown District”. Many of these benefits are offered in partnership with the Department of Economic Development. In addition, the Department of Economic Development’s Downtown Development Coordinator, Erin Rodgers (email@example.com 404-270-7059), is available to assist you with anything involving doing business here in the City of East Point!
This designation opens up many opportunities for your business. Below are just a few of the benefits of locating your business within EPMSA’s downtown district:
Downtown Business Benefits:
- Grand Opening Assistance
The City of East Point offers new businesses FREE grand opening assistance – marketing, ceremonial ribbon/scissors and distribution of invitation to Mayor and Council. To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Possible Opportunity Zone Job Tax Credits Many of the properties in Downtown East Point are included in the City’s Opportunity Zone which offers $3500 tax credits for new full-time jobs created after just two are created in a year. For availability, requirements and filing information, visit: EastPointCity.org
- Downtown East Point Facebook Page: If your business maintains a Facebook page, you may post on the Downtown East Point wall (search “Downtown East Point” or “EPMSA East Point”) about upcoming events/promotions you are doing. They have close to 4,000 connections, so it is a great way to promote your business for FREE!
- Free Online Downtown Business Directory
Your business is listed in the online business directory for Free! You can upgrade your profile page on the business directory for as little as $25/year! See the flyer here (PDF) . Email email@example.com to participate or for additional information!
- Downtown Newsletter
The Downtown Newsletter was established as a way to communicate to the community all the positive things going on in Downtown. It is produced in partnership with the Department of Economic Development. The current and archived editions are available to read anytime.
- Available Discount Advertising in the Newsletter!
Also, advertising in the newsletter starts at only $25/month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Free Business of the Month Article
Simply send an email to email@example.com indicating you would like to be entered into the Business of the Month drawing and you will be in the drawing until you win! This is a FREE full page profile of your business published in the newsletter of the month your name was drawn and then archived online and linked to your profile page in the directory (if you upgrade to the Business Directory’s “Deluxe Business Layout” level or above, see flyer here (PDF). Read current and previous “Business of the Month” article winners.
- Free Specials Listing in the Newsletter!
If you want to list any specials for a particular month, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org the details and they will be published in the newsletter for FREE.
- Free Help Wanted postings in the Newsletter!
If you want to list any Help Wanted postings, you can email email@example.com the details and they will be published in the newsletter for FREE.
- Free Real Estate Listings in the Newsletter!
Any commercial space you have for lease or sale in the downtown area will be listed for FREE.
- Free Event Listings under the Calendar of Events in the Newsletter!
Any special events you have coming up in the downtown area will be listed for FREE.
- Monthly East Point Business Meetings
The Monthly East Point Business Meetings give local businesses an opportunity to meet with a representative from the Economic Development Department and the Police Department to hear updates, find out about upcoming opportunities and network with other area businesses. The meeting is held the 1st Thursday of every month from 8:30am-10am at Debbie’s Delights Restaurant, 2801 East Point Street. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Monthly Tri-Cities Business Networking Event Series
This event series is a program co-produced by the Department’s of Economic Development in the City of College Park, East Point and Hapeville. This is a FREE opportunity for Tri-Cities Area Businesses to network with other area businesses, local and state government officials and area boards and commissions. This event is hosted by the City of College Park, East Point and Hapeville on an alternating monthly schedule. Refreshments provided. To find out about the next networking event or to RSVP, email email@example.com.
Downtown Business Announcements:
Message from the City:
The City of East Point in association with CodeRED Emergency Notification System has established an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications. This system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the city case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action; where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety.
The system is only as good as the database. If your phone number is not in the database, you will not be called. To ensure no one is omitted click on the CodeRED logo and follow the directions. Be sure to check the CodeRED emergency notification system warning, if you would like to receive automated tornado, flash flood, and severe weather warnings to your home or cell phone.
To receive important alert messages from the City as a part of their “Code Red” Community Notification program, please register your cell phone and email address so that you can get instant updates with important information affecting you in the future. For more information about the program, CLICK HERE TO REGISTER, (click on the logo on the flyer to register).
Once you have registered, you can confirm your contact is in the system by sending an email to Russell Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Message from the Police Department:
- Electronics Registration - EPPD would like for you to register all your electronics/high value items now, before an incident/burglary has occurred. They keep a database of serial numbers so that in the event stolen merchandise is located, they can give it back to the registered owner. Simply fill out the form and mail, fax or email it back to the contact info on the form as soon as possible!
- New Burglary Task Force – In an effort to crack down on smash-and-grab crimes, a new law was passed giving the courts the ability to sentence anyone who commits burglary 2 years in jail! Download this document for more information about this and the task force
- Crime Reporting Network – If you have the unfortunate experience of a burglary or other crime, please report it to the police and other proper authorities and then send Erin Rodgers an email with the general information. Information will then be sent out to the other Downtown Businesses so they can be on the alert and keep an eye out for any suspects, etc.
- Update your contact info with the Police Department: Please see the downloadable Business Emergency Form below, fill it out and fax or mail it back to the address on the form. In case of an emergency/break-in at your business, the police would like to make sure they have the most up to date information in case they need to contact you. Please take the time to fill this out and mail it in today!”
» Business Emergency Contact Form
***Please call the Police for any suspicious or criminal activity, including loitering and solicitation/pan handling! The police want to encourage the community to pick up the phone and dial the non-emergency number, 404-761-2177, whenever they see any of the above items, they will come out and investigate and it allows them to determine how many officers they need to assign to an area, especially if the area is experiencing a high amount of criminal/nuisance activity.
Downtown Business Resources:
Important Business Information
**Reminder: Business License Renewals must be submitted by February 1st of each year. A $500 penalty will be assessed for licenses not renewed by March 31!**
Small Business Loan & Tax Programs:
Loan Programs Available:
State Links to Financing & Tax Credits:
Historic Preservation Tax Credits (potentially up to 45% combined!):
Other Government Programs
Department of Human Services
2 Peachtree Street, NW Suite 18-213
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Georgia TeenWork gives young people opportunities to build bridges between their experiences in the classroom and their future careers. The program is designed to help prepare youth (ages 14-18 who meet the specific requirements) to respond to business needs and skill demands in the labor market. It is Georgia employers such as yourself (businesses, non-profit organizations and state agencies) that provide the opportunity and resources to allow youth career and vocational exposure. Georgia TeenWork Program pays the hourly compensation ($8.50) of the youth and we match them with your organizations based on your business needs and the youth's area of interest. The youth are available to work a maximum of 35 hours a week from June 1-July 31.
To ensure that youth and employers have a great experience, the Georgia TeenWork Program will pre-screen each applicant, match and provide the hourly compensation for the youth.